Friday, October 9, 2009

Time travels really fast....

At last some breather. Done all the post processing and gave the DVD and the prints to the clients. Seeing their big smile on their face after receiving the DVD and some of hard prints even make my day worth while. Hope they like it thou (fingers cross..)

As i was doing some spring cleaning of my room (which i hardly do), i stumble upon a tote bag. Inside it contains a few boxes, one of them used to housed my camera when i first bought it. Then i realize, OMG it's already a year im using this camera and i went so far with it. Wow! As you scroll down, here are some few stuff that i found inside the tote bag..

1st, my lousy 'complementary' bag from Fotomat. Here's a picture of it now.






You can never trust a 'complementary' bag if you're serious about photography. It just won't last. As you can see the clip is already broken and the "Canon" badge is falling off from its place. Replaced the 'broken' bag with this bag, a rip-off version of Lowerpro SlingShot 200AW bag. It is the china-made bag called 'Fancier'. I did not like the feel of the bag but due to financial problem at that time, didn't leave me with a lot of option.





Thank God for giving me weddings & events to shoot, i was able to replace the bag with my current bag, the Kata D-3N1-20 3 in 1 bag which i just recently bought.




As i continue browsing through the stuff inside the tote bag, i stumble upon a very familiar 'friend'.



It's my kit lens or some of friends call it the 'Kitty Lens' (laughs). The old 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens. It very light & indeed easy to use. It did lot for me during my early days in photography. I did manage to shoot an engagement, few weddings and a model test shoot with this lens. Good old chap. But sadly as i learn new techniques along the way, i found out that some of the technique i learn my kit lens can't do, or could not produce the result i wanted. So i upgraded my lens to a Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 lens which now i use extensively when ever i go out for events or photo shoot. This lens has open the window for me to create more creative shots. Maybe i'll use the old chap for upcoming family gathering.

As i was almost done cleaning, i found my receipt my camera. Dang! It's already been 1 year.

Never could believe myself that i really went so far and learn alot about photography. Hope it will never slows down in coming future, as i need to cover more events to achieve my next target, EOS 7D. Till the next posting then. Chau!


No comments: